Thursday, February 26, 2009

In Anticipation of Blockbuster Season

I LOVE going to the movies. One of my favorite things to do is go to breakfast at First Watch at the Fair City Mall in Fairfax (their Caps dish rules, if you like mushrooms) and then strolling across the plaza to the Cinema Arts Theatre to catch a movie before 11 am. If you live in Northern Virginia and you love movies, frequent this theatre--it's one of the only independent movie theatres in the area. I haven't met the owner, but I've heard he's great and contributes a lot to his community.

That's what it's all about, isn't it? Engaging in your community?

The concession stand offers a wider variety of snacks (hummus and pita, cheese and crackers, for example), decent coffee, and if you go before 11 am, the ticket is $5. The movies are a mix of box office hits and independents. If I want to see something like I've Loved You So Long, I'd check Cinema Arts Theatre first. Go, go, go!

Anyhoo, I was on Tweetworks a few days ago and asked what movies folks were looking forward to as the summer blockbuster season approached. No one has answered yet, but I offered up Star Trek. What's not to like? An action-packed Star Trek movie, with Zachary Quinto (Skyler) from Heroes, John Cho (Kumar) from the Harold and Kumar series and, Chris Pine a very cute boy, I've not yet seen playing James T. Kirk. I pasted a preview below. I usually don't like movie previews because I think sometimes they show too much, but this one is fabulous, in my humble opinion. My only wish is that the person who uploaded it to YouTube didn't reveal the ultimate fabulousness in the title. Enjoy! And I'll be front and center, opening night, Junior mints and a cherry coke by my side--join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment