Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Therapeutic Shower to Start the Day

"Life is too short to not be doing what you want."

That was my first thought as I got out of bed this morning, that and I don't need an alarm clock because my cat whines me awake.

I felt slightly horrified upon rising. As I showered, I went deep in thought, because I am wont to do that in the shower--my best ideas germinate there: was that my subconcious, my inner self, my SOUL talking to me, one last shout at me as I left dream land? Am I not doing what I want? Did I sell out for health insurance, holiday pay, and a 401K? AM I A PATHETIC LOSER?

Then I thought about this:

View from Victoria Peak, Hong Kong


and this:

La Grande Arche, Paris, France


and this:

Me and Marilyn.


oh, and here too:

Red Rock Canyon Drive: A Valley


about the fact that I got to do this all during the month of May:


and about all of these folks:

Mosiac for Blog


...and all the other folks who influenced me (you know who you are) and I realized that I AM doing what I want.

As I felt the water splashing on me and listened to the drone of the ventilator that does not quite do its job, I decided not to wash my hair today. It looked just fine.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. I needed that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also do my best thinking in the shower... and often wonder if I'm doing what I want or if I sold out or if I should more or... whatever. And you're right-it is about people and opportunities and doing what's right right now.

    PS-I'm glad Toni Rae has a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you're on the right track. You're too smart to not be on the right track. I'm a firm believer in listening to my "inner voices;" however the challenge is to discern if they are gremlin voices or what's truly in your heart (for lack of a better image). I know in my day I've listened to some of the gremlins, but on the other hand, I wouldn't be who I right now if I didn't, and I kinda like myself :)

    ReplyDelete