Saturday, June 26, 2010

New Look! And Ketchup--Oops! Catch Up...

I suppose I could write the obligatory "OMG! I haven't written on my blog in soooo long. I'm so sorry, faithful readers."

So there it is.

Writing is certainly a muscle--you have to use it in order to strengthen and grow. I would say that if writing were like push ups, I could probably do one or two right now, but at this time last year, I was up to at least ten. Ten boy push ups, not the girly wuss push ups on your knees.

I got this image here.

SIDEBAR: Girly push ups are just as effective as boy push ups.

If you're one of my Facebook friends, follow me on Twitter, or if you've (what a thought!) actually seen me in person in the last few months, you'll know I've been keeping myself busy. I've got some fun things happening this summer, so I plan on writing about them.

Here's some of the stuff I want to do and if I write them down they are truth, so I HAVE to do them. Pardon the bulleted list, all you anti-bulleted-lists-in-blogs people.
  • Work my way to running a 10 K. Right now I'm doing the Couch to 5K running plan from Cool Running. About 5 years ago Robert Ullreys created a podcast that set the plan to music and it's a very effective way to train.
  • Complete with flying colors the ASAE Professional Development Management Series online course. It's the first online course I've ever taken, and since I'm in the middle of planning the education two conferences, trying to take a little vacation, and act in a video, we'll see how that goes!
  • Work on memorizing and getting to performance mode a few monologues, including one I've written.
  • Decide whether I want to buy a home and then get savvy on all that home-buying, home owner stuff I've been putting off for so long. It's extremely difficult to go jogging in Lincoln Park and not want to buy something. So I've got the gumption--now all I need is dinero and I'll be all set!
  • Try not to kill any of the plants that grace my nifty patio. Also try to invite friends to grace my nifty patio. Enough of this "staying in with the cat" stuff.
Off to do one of those things I listed! Or maybe I'll just go shopping...


No comments:

Post a Comment