Monday, March 14, 2011

My First Job with Pinkyswear Produtions

I don't remember if I've shared that I am now Resident Director at Pinkyswear Productions, a company comprised of six women who will together change the world of theatre.

Or something like that...

Our first contribution to DC theatre in 2011 takes place on Saturday, March 26. We have been invited to participate in DC SWAN (Support Women Artists Now) Day, an event hosted by the Georgetown Theatre Company. They are holding a Staged Reading Marathon: "16 short plays by women playwrights from all over the USA, staged by DC's woman (sic) directors," according to their website. We chose "People Like Us," by Chris Shaw Johnson from Westerville, Ohio. It's sweet, 10-page piece about two women who work together in an office. Not gonna say much more--come see it! I'm directing it, Rachel Lee Poole and Tori Miller are the actors, Karen Lange is reading the stage directions. You can find out more about DC SWAN Day here, and, if you can spare a few bucks, donate to support DC SWAN Day via Kickstarter here.

Upcoming Pinkyswear projects include a "we just wanna be rock stars" cabaret in June, and another version of the same--Cabaret XXX: Les Femme Fatales, for the Capital Fringe Festival in July. We're also gonna try to mount a show in the fall. I think I'm directing all of those projects and singing in the cabarets.

Looks like I'll have a bit more to write about...

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment