Sunday, October 9, 2011

Not Another Blog Post about My Not-Yet Produced Cabaret (but you may wish it was...)

So many good things in my life right now. So. Many.

Love tops the list, thank goodness. I love and I am loved. Probably like I've never been loved before. Probably because I never let myself. I am awash in unadulterated sap, all aflutter like I'm seventeen, and those who follow me on Twitter and Facebook already know this. I'm betting I made you throw up a little whilst scrolling your newsfeeds in the last few months, so I'll spare you that here.

For now.

But you have to admit, we are kinda cute together...


Sorry, SORRY! I'll stop...

Tomorrow I start rehearsals for CAROL'S CHRISTMAS. I'm directing, but not performing this time (thank goodness--CABARET XXX was tough!). It's written by my dear, dear friend Marni Penning Coleman, and I hope that Pinky Swear Productions gives it the life it deserves!

Marni & I, on the set of a film during which she killed me.

AND I just got back from Spa World today so I am totally relaxed.

My current version of life = Good.

Oh, I know the cynical, the road weary, those who live on the Dark Side, are smirking, saying to yourself, "Self, the other shoe is going to drop (whatever the hell that REALLY means), and she will fall HARD. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Image from here

To which I say, "Well, DUH!"

I know it ain't all gonna be roses from here on out. Frankly, it isn't that and a bag of chips right now. My love lives about 600 miles from me, and given how busy I am during the day, directing this production is going to do its very best to send me to the loony bin. 

But I want all that too! So I bypass my savings account and buy some plane tickets. So I have a few sleepless nights, reworking Act I, Scene III in my head. It's the diving into life that gives me good stuff, and it's the living my life that knows with good stuff comes bad stuff and that I need to embrace all of it. 

So BRING IT, bad stuff! I've been knocked down before, and I got up again, then you knocked me down again, and still I got up, and you tried again and won, and guess what? I. GOT. UP.

But for now, like being under a blanket on a cold winter weekend morning, I just want to stay in my cocoon of warmth and happiness and NEVER forget what my life has given me thus far. 

For example...


Okay, NOW I'll stop. 











No comments:

Post a Comment