I know I'm not unusual. I bet there's tons of stuff my millions of readers want to do, but for some reason never do them. For example, I've always wanted to:
That's my secondary list: my "it would be très cool if I grew tarragon and baby lettuce and played the hammer dulcimer" list; however, I'm not lying awake at night, wondering how to sign, "Where is the bathroom?" Instead, I lay awake at night thinking about:
Producing my very own cabaret- Running a marathon
- Getting cut like Linda Hamilton in Terminator II
- Predicting whether or not I eventually turn into "Crazy Aunt Toni, the woman with all those cats."
For those of you envious people who accomplished any of the above (with the exception of the last one, of course), you might say to me, "JUST DO IT." But for the rest of us in the world, who vastly outnumber envious people, it is not that easy. Can I get an "AMEN!" non-envious people? Even so, I find that making excuses (or sitting in my apartment not making excuses because I'm not doing anything) gets to be tiresome. So now I'm going to write about my excuses in the hopes that I become frightfully ashamed of myself and instead start taking some action about accomplishing my hopes and dreams.
I know: I hear the violins too.
I'm not really starting from scratch. So far:
- I joined a VERY cool gym, and as I write this, my legs feel like jello.
- I have had a Facebook correspondence with Alex, music director extrordinaire, who told me that this summer would probably be open for him to help me with my show.
- I created a list of songs in my head
- ....yeah, that's about it...
And as for the "Crazy Aunt Toni" thing, I won't dwell on that much, unless I suddenly elope with the love of my life, a person who, according to most of my friends, has not yet made an appearance. In due time: I ain't dead yet. Of course I'm being very positive today because the hormones aren't talking...
In closing, to celebrate the spirit of Valentine's Day, as well as the spirit of not (yet) knowing the love of my life, I leave you with this very cool music video a friend recently discovered and shared with me. Cheers!
You honor me with blogroll inclusion. I wish you excellent bloggery!
ReplyDelete