Friday, April 3, 2009

In Anticipation of Spring

April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain. (T.S. Elliot)

It has been dreary with a captial "D" for the past few weeks. Granted, the Cherry Blossom Festival is in full swing; however, the sun has poked out only a few times, but not for very long and not with warm weather accompanying it. I send out this beautiful picture to call Spring forth to the DC Metro area.
There's lots of other things for me to anticipate: I start rehearsals for a show this weekend (more on that later), and I'm bound and determined to grow things and not kill them this year. I am very much looking forward to the Reston Farmer's Market opening. It's like a party every Saturday there.

What are you anticipating this Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment