....and then Flikr-ed it...over 397,000 results for "May Day (without quotes)." Here are a few of my favorites in the photostream...well, at least the few I viewed:

One needs a Maypole when blogging about May...
Image on Flickr can be found here.

I just like the idea of lots of folks sitting on blankets on a sunny first of May.
Image on Flikr and photo description can be found here.
...and my favorite one in rememberance of International Workers Day:

Just a powerful arresting image, IMHO. The mask is Guy Fawkes, or if you're into movies, the dude from V for Vendetta, and a very apt image for this occasion.
No matter what causes you to celebrate May--be it the beginning of summer, or the rememberance of those who toiled before us, or because you need another reason to drink Margaritas, this special month represents to me one of my favorite words: "possibility." Bring it, you fifth month of the Georgian calendar! I'm ready and waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment