
Me In Bed
Originally uploaded by ToeKneeBroh
As the drone of the dryer plays in the background and my iTunes runs through the tinny speakers of my laptop, I search in vain on the World Wide Web to express my composition today. What am I made of at this instant? Will a Flickr photograph express my thoughts? Will a Billy Collins poem do the trick? "Taller Children" by Elizabeth and the Catapult begins to play--ahhh, yes! "We're all just taller children," sings (presumably) Elizabeth. So true: I am a tall child. I just want what I want and wish to disregard everything else.
As I stare out the window into the beginnings of a sunny day, I realize that what I'm feeling is lonliness and longing and that it ebbs and flows in everyone. "Let go," whispers a voice inside me. But maybe the voice is not coming from inside of me. Maybe it's from whatever connects me to the rest of the world.
Time to fold the laundry and start my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment