Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Turning the Switch to "Off"

I can't meditate. I've tried. I've put soothing Enya-sounding music on, sat crosslegged on the floor, shut my eyes, took deep, calming breaths...and still a traffic jam of thoughts remained in my head.

I'm sure there's some guru out there who can set me on the right path, who'll help me find the peace and quiet I crave every once in a while. I used to scoff at the idea of thinking about nothing, and frankly, I still think it near impossible.

Even so, as I close one show, ready myself for an annual conference (where I run around in heels with a walkie talkie in one hand and my Crackberry in the other), get my brain wrapped around a new show, and prepare to move, all I crave is stillness. Or at least the opportunity to sit outside on a warm, sunny day, lean back on the surprisingly comfy rock I found in the clearing of a forest, shut my eyes, and just be grateful of my existence.

Photo credit: Otter Meditation!
Originally uploaded by
Snapperz

No comments:

Post a Comment