Wednesday, November 4, 2009

In Chinese it looks like this: 龙

I promise you that I will not look like this in my next show.


Mushu
Originally uploaded by problemgirl_jen

I'm red and black, not orange and yellow.

I love the messages I'm finding this production sends, for as you probably know, besides trying to meet today's challenge of not being a TV show or a video game, all children's theatre should convey important messages:

*you must create your own path, even if it's risky;
*you can't put people (or dragons) in boxes;
*change is necessary for the evolution of humankind;
*many different ethnicities can represent one culture on stage--sorta like life, no?

...and once again, I am involved in a show with folks who bring PILES of talent to the table--cast, production team, and design team. Gracious! I'm overwhelmed and awed and I've only had three days of rehearsal.

Previews start November 25 and closes January 10. Come see, bring friends and curtain climbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment