Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yeah, I'm Making a List, and I'm Not Ashamed to Admit It

I'm delaying getting ready to go to my company's annual conference. I leave this afternoon and don't return until Wednesday. I like the event; in fact, I usually feel exhausted but relatively happy at conferences, as it give me a chance to connect with folks with whom I spend countless hours e-mailing and teleconferencing all year long. After I get back, things die down a bit, and then I go right into rehearsals for my next show. I predict a new door opens upon my return, giving me the chance to bring even more enjoyment and happiness into my life.

Former "want to do" lists have included learning French and trying to understand quantum physics. I'm feeling a bit more practical these days:

*Purging myself of needless belongs (this is in preparation of my move to my next place--wherever that may be. Anyone need a large oscillating fan, a bosu, or a space heater?). I've decided to donate clothes I don't wear to Dress for Success.


*Keeping track of my budget. Not doing well in this department lately...


*Buying myself a guitar and taking lessons. I think I might have an aptitude for it...

*Creating an exercise routine that does not require me to attend group classes all the time. I'll admit it--I love going to class because I'm extremely social and slightly competitive, so I work hard when I'm there; however, I need to get my butt in gear when I can't make it to the gym. So maybe it's not creating a routine as opposed to self-motivation. Thoughts on this?

*Cook more. Eat out less. I LOVE to cook and don't make time for it. I eat better when I do, and it's clearly more cost effective.


*Find another volunteer opportunity. The need to give back feels stronger than ever.

*Finally, as my friend Heather said to me: take life one day at a time. Living the moment is harder than it sounds in this world of the Crackberry and Google. But it's really something I need to heed. This reminds me of my favorite Ben Franklin quote:

Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment