Wednesday, August 19, 2009

But the jacket was so pretty!

funny pictures of cats with captions


I continue writing about notes in which I'm tagged on Facebook:

My dear friend Kristin Burkhead tagged me in 100 Books:

The BBC believes most people will have only read 6 of the 100 books here (which I'm not going to list). How do you stack up?

Kristin read a whopping 78 of the 100, which included Ulysses, War and Peace, The Bible, and Winnie the Pooh. She's a smart cookie, so this doesn't surprise me.

I read 23, which did not include Ulysses or War and Peace. This led me to review my current roster of reading material, which include:
  • Short stories
  • Cookbooks
  • The Washington Post
  • Magazines, from Scientific American Mind to Eating Well to Lucky: A Magazine about Shopping
  • Self-Helpy type books. I know--so mid-life crisis of me. Even so, I will recommend Pema Chodron's Start Where You Are: A Guide to Compassionate Living to anyone who feels a conundrum coming on.
  • Do blogs count?

I have not been reading:

  • Novels
  • Plays
  • Anything that requires my attention span to last more than ten minutes

I need inspiration! I go to the library on a slightly-regular basis, but wander the aisles looking for a book cover to catch my eye.

That's not a good way to pick out a book.

So I need your help: please, please PLEASE let me know what you've been reading lately that's floated your boat, inspired you to write your own novel, made you want to go out and change the world, be a better person--whatever. I find that there's some things I just can't do alone.

Many thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment